April 19, 2011
* * *
"Our thoughts are quieter than rivers,
Our loves are simpler than the trees,
Our prayers deeper than the sea."
Thomas Merton
* * *
the ice hasn't gone
off of the lakes
yet this year
* * *
Ecclesiastes 3:1

26 comments:
Lovely picture.Seems that winter is slow to leave us this year.
A very nice reflection! I had a few of Thomas Merton's books, he was a monk.
Reflecting on the beautiful image and
Merton's words. Blessings are you wait for the warmer days of Spring.
A season for all things, resonates with me, as does the words of T. Merton.Hope you have warmer weather
soon:)
i quote that verse several times a week, to everything there is a season, it is so true in all of life
Beautiful. Wishing you a blessed weekend.
This winter is like a hoola hoop....there's just no end to it :( icy lakes here in the twin cities too, thankful for a bit of sunshine distraction for today!
Coming here is drinking cool water on a hot, dry day.
Soon, Callie will start loosing her winter fur, if she hasn't already.
What a beautiful reflection of the tree in the river.....Much like you it reflects the beauty of its maker....
Such a beautiful reflection, Susan.
Our winter is hanging on too...
Beautiful, Susan!
Beautiful photo and quote. We had a bit of spring with a touch of summer temps, but now the weather is teasing us with sunshine yet chilling us if we go out without a proper coat (I just walked my son's dog out in our side yard and was not adequately dressed for the weather--we are granddog sitting.)
Waiting IS like seeing a reflection. The pause waiting for it to clear…
Spring is the longest season.
Waiting, waiting ... but I am in no hurry for winter :-)
Beautiful reflections, picture and quote.
Such a beautiful quote Susan - and of course, the photo...
We are having a lovely spring here this year. It's a gift. Usually we go from winter (such as it is in Texas) to blazing hot summer days. I am thankful for these beautiful days and cold nights. I'll try sending them on to you!
i love visiting your tender place
...touches my heart every single time and I leave refreshed.
thank you,
Jennifer
Beautiful reflection!
So peaceful...
BEAUTIFUL image, Susan... And it looks a bit like here too. We were at a nearby lake this past weekend--still icy. But I have crocuses in bloom today finally. ;o) Dear Thomas Merton... I love his writings. Happy Day ((HUGS))
That reflections is wonderful!
Wishing you a happy week!
xo Catherine
You've had a long wait for spring...
we're still rollicking about with frost most mornings...
who is this Thomas Merton - a poet?
blessings.
I like that! Good place, good time.
Post a Comment