Sunday, April 14, 2013

Between Catnaps ~

This is another day, O Lord…

If I am to stand up,
 help me to stand bravely.

If I am to sit still, help me to sit quietly.

If I am to lie low, help me to do it patiently.

And if I am to do nothing, let me do it gallantly.
*  *  *
blessings as we head
into a new week

33 comments:

Jennifer Richardson said...

adore the quote
and the sweet little bird
still waiting for snow to melt away
and the time of singing to come.
peace to you in the blooming,
Jennifer

Relyn Lawson said...

Blessings to you too.




I have to tell you. I opened this up, gasped, and said, "Holy cow! How does she do that?"

Anonymous said...

wings
wings are so cool
i would like to have a wing coat
and i could fly around while wearing it

Nancy said...

We do need God's help in every situation don't we? Wise words you have given us today....

Love the little bird...It looks like he's coming in for a landing.

Maureen said...

Delightful photo. Perfect words that I will carry within me this week.

Laura~Pretty Pix said...

Wonderful capture and thought, Susan.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful quote and extraordinary photo. God bless you.

Debbie said...

perfect timing!!

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Sweet quote- and a cute little bird landing. Have a great week ahead!

Ginny Hartzler said...

What a wonderful quote and picture! And I love your header, the depth and the beauty.

rjerdee said...

Thanks for the beautiful prayer.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Valuable lessons to be taken from that quote.Enjoy your week.

ju-north said...

Thank you for the words .... needed to hear them today. x

Beth said...

Just what I needed this morning. I'm heading out to a week of unknowns at school. Awesome photo!:>)

Anonymous said...

So cute!! Just landing or is the wind blowing that hard! LOL!
xo Catherine

MadSnapper n Beau said...

love the landing speed in the photo.. and the poem is the perfect prayer for the week

Joan Elizabeth said...

For us busy bodies learning patience and quietness is a challenge but one I grasp better as I get older.

Linda P said...

We need the Lord's help in every situation. Blessings, also, dear blog friend.

SimplyDarlene said...

wow, that's a great quote.

and i like how you pointed it all heavenward.

those birdies are dancing, are they not?

blessings.

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh what a great photo. And the perfect poem to go with it...

Hugs~

Linda said...

Such beautiful wisdom in a few short lines. The picture is awesome!

Steve Gravano said...

Great words to live by, thanks.

JofIndia said...

What an amazing image, Susan!

Anita Johnson said...

Chickadees are one of my favorite little birds...

Louise Gallagher said...

So sweet.

The chickadees are chirping outside my window right now -- even in the snow!

Valerie Kamikubo said...

This is quite a lovely capture. Blessings to you, Susan.

Marilyn Miller said...

Your photos are just amazing! Thanks for sharing them and always lovely quotes and thoughts.

Susan said...

The quote is beautiful. The picture is awesome!

Rick said...

LOL - great capture of a great landing - and such an appropriate quote !

Judith said...

Little did you know what this week would hold. And it's only Thursday morning. Chickadees are my favorite bird....thank you for this thoughtful post.
judy

Tracy said...

And what a week it's been with so many sad things happening, it's scary to read the news these days... I love the work of Kathleen Norris, These words are so supporting and comforting. Thank you, Susan :o) ((HUGS))

Leslie said...

amen. (i love this little prayer so much)

Christine said...

I love that poem. I want to print that and have it near our table where we homeschool, to remind us all to take nothing for granted and to give thanks to God, and make Him Lord of our lives. Thank you, Susan!