Thursday, April 25, 2013

Basking ~





"The first day of spring
is one thing,
and the first spring day is another.
The difference between them
is sometimes as great as a month."
Henry Van Dyke
*  *  *
 a day of warmth and sunshine


 

27 comments:

Joan Elizabeth said...

I can feel the joy of that sunshining warm in your sequence of shots. We too a grabbing the sun, but in our case before it fades.

Beth said...

They all do seem to be savoring the moment. I'm surprised at how much snow you still have. Spring is slowly coming 'round here.

Tracy said...

Oh, what JOY! Today was our first real day of spring--sun, and actual warmth... bliss! Happy Spring Days, Susan :o) ((HUGS))

Steve Gravano said...

I love that quote. I first read it at the dorms where my son goes to college. The students had four or five quotes about spring.

Muffy's Marks said...

No truer words have been spoken. Waiting and waiting!!! Miss Spring will show us, we've been taking her for granted for too many years!!

Anonymous said...

So many sweet critters! Cute cute!
And Callie looks extra fuzzy and sweet in that sunshine below!
xo Catherine

MadSnapper n Beau said...

looks like everyone was soaking up those rays and having a great time

Leslie said...

FINALLY!

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Lovely shots! And I know what kittie is thinking!

rjerdee said...

"as great as a month" or more!!!!

Nava said...

I agree---spring has been slow coming this year. I am so ready for some warm, sunny, still mornings! Thank you for sharing your photography---and your header is so cute!

Connie Smiley said...

How sweet! It's especially nice when the chipmunks come out to bask in our Father's sunlight. Wishing you more sunny days.

Maureen said...

I wasn't expecting the cat to be in the last picture! I like how you've positioned it last, forcing us to look up again. (We don't look up often enough.)

Valerie Kamikubo said...

Spring is sneaking up on you. Enjoy the warmth, Susan.

Nancy said...

I can't believe you still have snow but at least with the warmer weather I hope it will soon be gone....Your creatures seem to be enjoying themselves....

Ruth Hiebert said...

Nothing like a day of sunshine and warmth to bring the smiles.

Laura Delegal - Leroy Photography said...

Awe, your cat has grown beautiful. Love the birds too. I'm sure you're ready for spring.

Anonymous said...

THE BIG MELT...

Debbie said...

what exceptional images!!

enjoy the sunshine!!

Lisa Gordon said...

This is SO true!
I think spring may be arriving here too finally, and it is such a good feeling.

These photographs are wonderful, Susan. I especially love the little bird in the second one.

Have a great weekend!

SimplyDarlene said...

little mister chippy looks ready for summer!

blessings.

Breathtaking said...

Delightful nature images,.. warms the heart.

Jennifer Richardson said...

that sunshine must feel sooooo wonderful for basking;
those little critters will celebrate vigorously
once the snow melts
(as will Susan, I'm sure:))
-Jennifer

Claudia said...

*huge sigh* finally!! Even though there is still ice on the lakes and snow in my yard, one of us has already been running around barefoot! Not looking at the forecast for the end of the week... I'm in denial!

Anonymous said...

Precious photos. Callie is just beautiful. I also love your new header pic.

Lucille said...

I hope that snow vanishes overnight. You must long to see grass again.

caryjo said...

Made me chuckle! That's always a good thing, doncha think?