Sunday, March 17, 2013

Then There Was One ~

 Cuties*
appealing
one disappeared
*  *  *
God gives us richly
all things to enjoy
1 Timothy 6:17
*  *  *
a cutie is a cross between 
a sweet orange and a Chinese mandarin


37 comments:

Anonymous said...

good colour combo
and the pitcher is a nice looking one.
you better have the other orange
it's looking lonely

Brandee Shafer said...

You made my mouth water, a little. :)

Mari said...

I love cuties! Beautiful still life pictures.

Nancy said...

You are too cute...I know you ate that other one after you took this picture....I bet it was delicious...

Beth said...

I didn't know such a thing existed. I thought you were 'being cute'. ;>)

Love the blue pitcher and the weaved basket(?). Lovely set up. I could use a cuties right now.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I thought they were clementines!! Learned something new.

Ruth Hiebert said...

They look good in a picture but because they are so tasty they are even better in the mouth.

Sandra Heska King said...

Who can stop at just one?

pve design said...

Beautiful and thanks for the reminder to re-fill my bowl with cuties. My daughter loves them so.
pve

Lucille said...

I wonder if these are what we call clementines. I just had one for breakfast!

Anonymous said...

We love those oranges ~ they are yummy!
xo Catherine

Steve Gravano said...

I'm with Lucille, they look like a fruit we call clementines. Just recently I was introduced to Blood Oranges, a very sweet, red meat orange. Citrus fruits are my favorite.

MadSnapper n Beau said...

this morning my feedly had half of the new post already grayed out, after going through the list, i came to my blog side bar and found this. so happy i did, these are beautiful...

SimplyDarlene said...

I have a very similar creamer... mine is green on the outside though. I bet they're long lost sisters.

Blessings.

Vicky said...

We love cuties and they never last very long at our house :) I too love the colors you paired for this post!

Kerri Farley said...

And it's a CUTE post too!

Debbie said...

simply gorgeous!! LOVE fresh fruit!!

Anonymous said...

We love these and so does our little dog!

Mrs. E said...

Absolutely love Cuties--as does our family! And your photos are wonderful!

Unknown said...

And they are pretty tasty. I love them because they seem like they are easier to peel. Such great photos.

Hope you have a awesome week.

Hugs~

Linda P said...

Lovely fruit, although the name is unfamiliar to me. I'm not sure if we call it a satsuma here in the UK? Or a clementine?

Lisa Gordon said...

I love Cuties, and I cannot tell you just how many of those little crates of them we go through when they are in season!

These are wonderful photos, Susan.

Reena said...

I love Cuties and like Lisa, go through so many cartons!

Carol Garvin said...

This is a lovely still life, Susan! The colours are so complementary. (And I love those cuties, too.)

Joan Elizabeth said...

I've never heard of cuties. I think they are what we call Clementines.

Lovely colours in your photos.

Tracy said...

Delicious...mmm... LOVE the blue and orange in the image. Happy Day, Susan ((HUGS))

Nicki said...

I know the label on Cuties is that they are made for kids - but I absolutely love them, so perhaps they are made for oldies too.

I like the contrast between the blue and orange in your first pictures.

Anita Johnson said...

I love everything about them too!

Jennifer Richardson said...

glad for the little orange
bites of sunshine you can enjoy
until the earth warms in your
neck of the woods:)
-Jennifer

Susan said...

Looks yummy, could use one right now!

donna said...

That was just about the cutest/sweetest post EVER. I luv me some Cuties! You have the best blogging ideas.

Unknown said...

I enjoy the things you do on your Blog. Wonderful....

Christine said...

I used to live in CA and moved to Ohio eight years ago. I don't remember getting cuties in Ca, but I look forward to them every year here. Delicious and so easy to peel and prepare for a family of six.

I'm surprised the kitty thought so too? :)

No sign of spring here, other than the bulb plant shoots that are in for a shock. We usually get a heatwave taser sometime in March and then go back to cold, but this year just cold and more cold.

How many more weeks til baby comes?

Leslie said...

i love the colors here...

Randall said...

Nicely captured S. I like your chose of focal point.

~Randall

cristie said...

had one today as well. lucky us. xox

caryjo said...

Hmm! Love the oranges-ish items. Like those very much. Didn't know the Chinese bit. Hmm! [again-- obviously thinking].