Tuesday, March 12, 2013

The Blank Page ~

{click to enlarge}
A word is a bud attempting to become a twig…
A blank page gives the right to dream
.
Gaston Bachelard
from
 Maureen's blog
*  *  *
Your eyes did see my substance,
 yet being imperfect;
 and in your book
 all my members were written,
 which in continuance were fashioned,
 when as yet there
 was none of them.
Psalm 139:16



27 comments:

Glenda said...

I love the word picture created by these analogies! I appreciate your words of encouragement, wisdom and beauty!

Gayle said...

Ah...you thought about this one, and I love it!

Ginny Hartzler said...

Wonderful things about books today, and I love your beautiful header!

Gayle said...

Well, you think about every post, but this took some pondering I meant!

Anonymous said...

That sure is a pretty journal.

caryjo said...

Neat thinking and sharing. Left me "hmmm"ing.

Beth said...

I love this! I totally believe this.
That journal is lovely---I can spend a lot of time perusing the journal section of bookstores--I love them.
I have found that our local drugstore has some less expensive (cheap) and decent looking ones that do fine for general writing. But I like my Grateful Journals to be esp. lovely.

Anonymous said...

Hope you are having a beautiful week!
xo Catherine

MadSnapper n Beau said...

i did click to enlarge as i always do with your photos, this one is beautiful.

Valerie Kamikubo said...

Blank pages contain all sorts of possibilities. This particular book looks lovely.

Maureen said...

A lovely surprise. Thank you for sharing that quote I found recently.

Wonderful image, Susan.

Unknown said...

I love your photo of this cute little journal. And such wonderful words.

Hugs~

Nancy said...

I have always loved Psalm 139 for it holds so many words of wisdom....

The blank page; you are right. It's all about dreaming....

Linda P said...

Psalm 139 gives me a sense of God's love, and security now and no matter what will be written in those empty pages of my life.

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

have not thought about a blank page but could be whatever. Paul gives such good advice, of course

Lisa Gordon said...

This is wonderful, Susan.

I wish you a happy day!

Linda said...

I'm going to tuck this one away in my heart. Both thoughts are gems.

Relyn Lawson said...

I always enjoy being here in this beautiful place you have created. Your heart makes me happy.

rjerdee said...

Oh, a delicious handmade book!!!

Anna said...

A lovely combo of words and image, Susan! Wishing you a happy weekend:)

Susan said...

Wonderful post. What would we do without the word, either scripture or fantasy. Love it all!

Tracy said...

Sooo, sooo lovely, Susan. And I love that tiny journal! Where did you find such pretty little thing? Just now surfacing after 2 weeks+ I've been down with flu & migraines--slowly mending. Fist chance I've had to post and visit friends. So great to catch up with you. :o) Happy Weekend ((HUGS)) P.S. GORGEOUS new banner at the top here!

Dea Moore said...

Oh, Susan...blank pages...such an opportunity and a challenge for me. Your posts are like taking a bite of the most decadent dessert. I take a bite and savor it long. I need to swallow that bite and open a blank page. (Thanks to Maureen too.)

Reena said...

Love the image with your words!

SimplyDarlene said...

what a beautyFull pairing, miss S.

blessings.

SimplyDarlene said...

oh! enlarged, that image is even more awesome. wow.

Jennifer Richardson said...

simply beautiful.
buds of thanks,
Jennifer