Friday, March 22, 2013

Meeting Caleb ~

Our little Caleb
arrived on the first day
of spring.
They were discharged today and
 they stopped on the way
 home so I could meet this
 little treasure.
... Yes ... 
I'm one smitten
 Gramma!
*  *  *
Grandchildren are the crown
 of the aged, and the glory of
 children is their fathers.
Proverbs 17:6

44 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. Caleb is so sweet. Such a blessing from God.

Ruth Hiebert said...

A blessing straight from heaven given into your arms. Enjoy!

Nancy said...

Susan I am so happy for you....being a grandma is the best....can't wait for more pictures....

caryjo said...

YYYYIIIPPPPPPIIIEEE!!

Two months... and we get to see, hold, hug. YIPPEE!!

Glynn said...

Wonderful, is it not?

Linda said...

He is beautiful Sussn - a precious gift.

Patricia said...

Pure joy!

Susan said...

Oh how cute! Isn't it wonderful!

Ginny Hartzler said...

You gotta love that beautiful golden hair!!!

Brandee Shafer said...

I'm so happy for all of you. There's just nothing like a new baby! God bless, Friend.

Patricia said...

Thank you so much for sharing this precious gift!! So happy for you! I already know what a blessing you will be to him!!... and vice versa... = )

Linda P said...

Blessings to you, the little one and your family. It's wonderful being a Grandma isn't it?

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Congratulations, he is surely a treasure.

MadSnapper n Beau said...

so sweet, congratulations.

Debbie said...

ohhhh congrats, such a fun time in your life. thanks for sharing it with us!!

Maureen said...

"As I enter my new family,
"May they be delighted
"At how their kindness
"Comes into blossom. . . ."
~ John O'Donohue, "As a Child Enters the World"

How lovely to have a child enter your life in springtime.
Congratulations, Susan.

ju-north said...

How beautiful! congratulations!

Pamela said...

Ah...nothing more breathtaking. I love wearing the grandma crown!

Christine said...

I am so excited for you, Susan! Praise God.

Dear Lord, bless Caleb's first days, may he nurse readily and drink in his loving family and have no colicky issues. May you make him your servant all his days, Lord. Give his parents wisdom and grace and much joy in you and in their children and family. May you bless Susan with many happy visits. Thank you for your love and graciousness toward this beautiful extended family.

In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

Claudia said...

Aw, so sweet! Congratulations :)

helen tilston said...

A warm heartfelt welcome to this world dear Caleb. May his life be filled with blessings and love always
Helen xx

Unknown said...

Awww... What a cutie pie. Congrats to you my friend.

Hugs~

Joan Elizabeth said...

That's something I love to see ... a smitten Gramma. Every little one deserves a smitten Gramma or two.
I'm delighted for you.

michelle ortega said...

Congratulations!! I love his sweet head...can take a deep breath of it from here! Blessings to you all!

Anonymous said...

big smile in my heart for you and yours.

Anonymous said...

big smile in my heart for you and yours.

rjerdee said...

Awesome aren't they, these new babes!

Anonymous said...

Such a gift! Enjoy every single second.
xo Catherine

Anita Johnson said...

Congratulations...just perfect aren't they?

Anonymous said...

He is just precious! Congratulations Grandma! There's nothing like it!

Beth said...

So serene and precious! Congrats Susie!

Anonymous said...

Aww, that is so wonderful! He is a cutie. :) And the first day of spring is my anniversary! Thanks Susan.

allisondegeorge said...

oh oh
how wonderful
congratulations
grandma......

Connie Smiley said...

How darling! Congratulations!

Vicky said...

I have waited for this day for you- praying for his safe arrival! He is utterly perfect and I wish you many happy moments together!

cristie said...

amazing. miracle. perfect. so happy for you. xox

Lisa Gordon said...

He is absolutely precious, Susan.
Congratulations to you and your family.

Welcome to the world, Little Caleb! xo.

Jewels said...

Congrats! He is beautiful.

Jennifer Richardson said...

happy congratulations to you
on your little bundle from heaven:)
may all his days be peace.
-Jennifer

Jen said...

Congratulations Gramma! My only grandchild was born on the first day of spring as well - one year ago. We are just back from visiting her, our daughter and SIL. So happy to be there for her frist birthday, but it was sure difficult to leave her...Babies are a blessing!

Valerie Kamikubo said...

So very precious! Congratulations, Susan!

Unknown said...

Absolutely Beautiful. Congrats.

Rick said...

Congratulations, Susan. I trust everyone is doing well. (Have your feet touched the ground yet ? ;>)

I used that quote in a photo book I made for my wife of our grandchildren - just so appropriate.

Marilyn Miller said...

Congratulations to all!
Grandchildren are definitely a gift from God.