Sunday, March 24, 2013

Calligraphy of the Woods ~

[click to enlarge]
shadows write
the secrets of the woods
*  *  *
a year of snow
a year of plenty
French Proverb

28 comments:

Dea Moore said...

Lovely proverb--even snow here in the South this week. And congrats on the beautiful boy -- such a blessed gift and a year of plenty.

Beth said...

Beautiful. You captured the beauty of a woods with snow. Those shadows are incredible! :>) Such serenity.
We are supposed to get some tomorrow and the day after.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Love the picture and the quote.

Elizabeth Dianne said...

I am a calligrapher so I really love this!

Unknown said...

So a pretty photo and a beautiful quote to go with it.

HOpe you have a happy week my friend.

Hugs~

Ginny Hartzler said...

A very, very cool interpretation!!!! Not the writing on the wall, the writing on the snow.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful.

allisondegeorge said...

the shadows write....

so beautiful

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

So peaceful- lovely photo!

Tracy said...

Calligraphy, what a great synonym for the patterns on the snow... I love that! Such a beautiful filigree of pattern... Happy Days, Susan :o) ((HUGS))

Anonymous said...

I like that! Very creative.
xo Catherine

Mary said...

Love the tree shadows on the snow!

Caleb is precious! Congratulations!

Nancy said...

Such beauty...almost as if God used His finger to write in the snow....

Caleb is so precious; I know you will savor every moment you have with him...

Maureen said...

This is so timely. We're getting lots of snow; started last night and has continued all morning. Am sad for our cherry trees, which were just beginning to bud. I can think of some words I'd like to write to Mother Nature just now.

Linda P said...

An interesting proverb. The wood and the shadows create a mysterious yet peaceful scene.

SimplyDarlene said...

an entire year of snow?
i could handle it.

;-)

blessings.

rjerdee said...

What wonderful writing on the snow! Great shadow captures!

Susan said...

Beautiful! Never would have thought of calligraphy in the snow.

Laura Delegal - Leroy Photography said...

Beautiful.

Carol Garvin said...

The Great Scribe's wonderful calligraphy! Such a beautiful shot, Susan! I like your new header, too. :)

Joan Elizabeth said...

The magic of this shot is calling it calligraphy ... lifts the image to a new level.

Vicky said...

The magic of the shadows of the branches on the snow- you see it all- always and I feel so blessed to discover the magic along with you :)

Debbie said...

what a beautiful picture and i adore your new header!!

cristie said...

once again...just right. xox

Ruth said...

I am drawn to those shadows always. It is a new thought to think of them as calligraphy of the woods. Yes!

Lisa Gordon said...

What beautiful shadows you have captured here.

caryjo said...

How neat. Certainly recognize it all, BUT hadn't thunk it that way. You're brightness swept through your thinking-process, as usual.

Jennifer Richardson said...

i love that quote
and your shadows writing love
and plenty and hope in the snow:)
-jennifer