Sunday, February 12, 2012

The Postmark ~

{click to enlarge}
February
1923
: : 
"If I but had a million hearts
I'd give them all to you
But yours alone I would prefer
Tho I'd search the whole world through."
: : :
he was about ten
that year
of
1923
the uncle with the shock
of red hair and the
blushing
eyes-down shyness


22 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

What a lovely sentiment!

Anonymous said...

I love this sentiment and illustration on the postcard!

Brandee Shafer said...

I love that it's been so lovingly kept for so long. He must've been a special valentine, that uncle.

Louise Gallagher said...

Awww. this is so sweet.

Tracy said...

So lovely, and so sweet... and love the image images too, Susan! Sending you extra LOVE this Valentine's week :o) ((HUGS))

rjerdee said...

Ah, so nostalgic! Happpy Valentine's Day, Susan :)

Anonymous said...

Such a sweet retro Valentine! Love it!
xo Catherine

Nancy said...

I love vintage Valentines! I have the first one my dad gave to my mom. Priceless!

MadSnapper n Beau said...

amazing old valentine and you have the envelope also. the card and the verse are really beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Oh, what a treasure! Thank you for sharing it with us in such a beautiful way.

Blessings.

Anna said...

Hi Susan,
Love the charm of the old valentines! Thanks for sharing this gem!
Happy Valentine's Day to you :)
Have a great week!

Maureen said...

This is what something digital will never replace.

Happy Valentine's Day, Susan.

Unknown said...

What a sweet card with sweet memories of times past..

Hugs, Linda

Jennifer Richardson said...

happy sweetness to you:)
-Jen

Nancy said...

Hearts full of love sent to you my friend and I hope your Valentine's day is full of love...

What a beautiful old card...

Carolyn said...

What a treasure! The older cards are my favorites.
Happy Valentines Day!
Carolyn

Glenda said...

A well-kept treasure!

Linda said...

Sweet, sweet remembrances.

cristie said...

happy sweetheart day! xox

Anonymous said...

i saw lots of guys buying flowers and looking at cards when i went to the grocery store this evening. i was just running in to buy some charcoal for our webber grill.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful post. Happy Valentine's Day to you!

Cheptoek said...

How terribly romantic!!! I want to be her!