Friday, April 29, 2011

A Solitary Shadow ~

limbs
barren from
a winter season
{click to enlarge}
wait
to be adorned


23 comments:

JofIndia said...

A stark yet beautiful anticipation..

Tracy said...

Just waiting... We're just getting that tender fringe of green now, but still some trees waiting here too. :o) Happy Weekend, Susan ((HUGS))

Beth said...

I sat in the parking lot yesterday and really observed the woods across the road from the school. It is beginning to fill out again---much less starkness--a welcome sight.

Unknown said...

Vibrant image great colour.

The said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Andie said...

And they will...because He keeps his promises...
Andie

Mari said...

Gorgeous! Look at that blue sky!

Vicky said...

So clear and filled with hope and promise of what is to come! I'll bet on the ends of those tiny branches are the tiniest of buds just waiting!

SimplyDarlene said...

BLUE sky! Yeah!

Blessings.

Deidra said...

Breathtakingly beautiful!

Ruth Hiebert said...

A very dramatic image.I love the depth of color here.

Anonymous said...

Here in GA, we are enjoying so many shades of green as the woods fill in with leaves.

Your photo is very nice and the sky is especially beautiful.

Ginny Hartzler said...

The colors in this picture are amazing! And the stark limbs against the sky. I love the word adorning for leaves on the tree.

Kelly Sauer said...

We moved to the South, where everything comes so early - I miss that springtime anticipation...

Linda said...

It makes my heart sort of ache when I see the sky that color blue that defies description. What a beautiful photo Susan -stunning!

Dawning Inspiration said...

Beautiful colors!
Spring is coming!!! (I hope!)

ELK said...

`such patience . such grace ~

Anonymous said...

me too

Leslie said...

perhaps the glory won't be long in arriving, now...

Anonymous said...

Perfect lighting and the blue sky looks glorious!
xo Catherine

cristie said...

the shadow cast by the tree is pretty neat. well, i just woke up for four new inches of snow and it's still coming down. but, a Spring snow has it's only kind of magic...it doesn't last too long. xox

Sandra Heska King said...

Wearing green lace skirts upside down.

Jeanne Frances Klaver said...

Great colors. I love the sharp, crisp image. Just beautiful. I look forward to a picture when this special tree is adorned.