Thursday, April 28, 2011

An Infusion of Color ~

may
your day
be infused with
color
and woven
with all
that makes
your heart rejoice
and
adds a golden
touch
to whatever
you 
see and do
~ ~ ~
had I the heavens'
embroidered cloths
enwrought
with
golden and silver light
the blue and the dim and the dark cloths
of night and light
and
the half-light
I would spread the cloths
under your feet
but I
being poor
have only my dreams
I have spread my dreams
under your feet
tread softly
because
you tread on my dreams
W.B. Yeats
                          

30 comments:

ju-north said...

These colours really sing out!

JofIndia said...

Exquisite!
A beautiful synthesis of colour and dreams...

Andie said...

Thank you! And I wish and pray for the same for you!
Andie

Anonymous said...

Very nice!

Kelly Sauer said...

I love that poem...

Steve Gravano said...

Stunning photographs perfectly paired with Yeats

Tracy said...

*BIG SWOON*...swoon for all the color and the beauty of Yeats. Wishing as rich and wonderful a day, Susan :o) ((HUGS))

ELK said...

such a special combination .. relish both poem and picture

cristie said...

Sue, the photos are a wonder...close, vibrant, so much detail. and yeats somehow breaks my heart. xox

Anonymous said...

Very joyful color!
xo Catherine

Anonymous said...

Both photos and poem are So COLORFUL! Great post, thanks for sharing. Have a blessed day!

Louise Gallagher said...

Sigh. So beautiful.

And you are so brilliant to see the beauty in each tapestry.

Dawning Inspiration said...

Bright, bold and beautiful - color!

Leslie said...

you have woven a beautiful gift with word and image here... thank you.

Maureen said...

I can swoon over such textiles.

The Yeats poem is beautiful. Wonderful pairing with your photos.

SimplyDarlene said...

Your own words are just as beauty-filled...

and I for one, would like more of that ;-)

blessings.

Vicky said...

oh the eloquence with which this is expressed is mesmerizing. I came to thank you for your generous comment at Ria's and then I am gifted with this beautiful post. Thank you, I am going to save a copy into my favorites as this is just not to be forgotten...

Thank you Susan, you are such a beautiful soul and bless me with your gifts.

Ginny Hartzler said...

May I say that you have come very close to the heaven's embrodiered cloths. And your dreams are stunning. I don't know how you do this. I aspire to it, but will never be able to, you have a true gift. You can take anything at all and pull all the beauty out, like wringing a sponge.

Unknown said...

A wonderfully colourful post both images and words

Duane Scott said...

Today is a dreary day.

This post?

The Doctor ordered it. :)

-DS

beth said...

i needed this color today as it is so grey outside.....
thank you :)

Michelle DeRusha said...

Wow, technicolor awesomeness. And Yeats...love him, too!

donna said...

Oh, my.....you made my heart skip a beat with all your colorful photos. One of these days I'm going to get back to this "blogging thing" on a regular basis.

Until then......know that I think of you often.

donna

Anonymous said...

how did you get it to dance like that?

Beth said...

I'm with nance marie on that question.
This is one of your best, I think, and that's saying a lot.
Incredible colors in yarn and mats, words, thoughts, and feelings. Stunning, Susie-simply stunning.

Linda said...

This is all so beautiful Susan. I just love the poem.

Joan Elizabeth said...

What lovely colours, you have captured their vibrance so splendidly and what a great poetry selection to match.

Sandra Heska King said...

Fringes of beauty...

Jeanne Frances Klaver said...

These colors are so much fun and appropriate for spring. Yeats' poem touches my soul.

Anonymous said...

What riveting colors. Thank you for sharing the way you see.