Sunday, April 10, 2011

Harbingers ~

Wisdom
 is
oftentimes
 nearer
 when
 we stoop
 than when we soar
quote by
William Wordsworth
~ ~ ~
the juncos have returned
harbingers
of
spring



40 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such pretty pictures. Wishing you an enjoyable day.

rjerdee said...

Don't you love them, those adorable little juncos?

Beth said...

So glad they've returned ---that has to help your spirits.
I love that last picture--you get the best shots!
I'm also thrilled to see a post by you. I'm hoping this indictes healing has taken place and thus we'll be hearing from you regularly again.
I missed you very much.

Tracy said...

Juncos! How I miss these sweet birds... We don't have them over here, so they remind me of home. :o) Happy Day, Susan ((HUGS))

Mrs. E said...

Beautiful pictures! And your words always strike a chord. Bless you!

Unknown said...

I've been missing you Susan,
pretty quiet for me of late as well...

I saw Juncos for the first time this winter... who knew?

Steve Gravano said...

I don't think Juncos come to Long Island. I've never seen one, if I had, I probably thought it was a sparrow.

Jennifer Richardson said...

You are loved and well-tended
and His eyes never leave
beautiful you,
each hair numbered even as
each flitting junco seen
and known.
With you,
Jennifer

Mary said...

I love the little juncos with their sweet pink beaks...we get them in the winter, though I did not see any this past one.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! And such a sweet start to a Monday morning! :)
xo Catherine

MadSnapper n Beau said...

so precious, these little ones, and i agree with wadsworth

Kelly Sauer said...

I do love your birds...

katie purcell said...

Thank you for visiting my new blog. Praying I can use it to show the wonders of seeing the Lord in everyday moments just like you do.
Blessings,
Katie

Leslie said...

you've been much missed...

Joyce said...

Beautiful photos of this little guy/gal. I can see their personality in the photos. xo

SimplyDarlene said...

So good to see you back, friend.

Blessings.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Juncos are all over my yard and I love it.They are simple yet charming.Your pictures show them well.

Say It In Color said...

What a beautiful blog!....so calming and peaceful....a balm from the Lord's presence ... a blessing! How I love birds....all of them .. at this time watching barn swallows twitter about and swooping onto my porch.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting the photos of these pretty little birds and for the Wordsworth quote.

beth said...

i love our little juncos....i just wish we had more of them....the finches are by far over populating my yard :)

Vicky said...

I am equally excited to see the robins out in force, and will have to watch to see if we have juncos as well :) Stoop, made me laugh :) Happy Spring!

Anonymous said...

yes...good. love

Dagmar said...

Uh you send them staight to my heart again thank you for that.
Have a blessed day.
Hugs D

Ginny Hartzler said...

The juncos come to Minnesota in the spring? We also call them snowbirds, because they only come here in the winter, and I have wondered where they go the rest of the year. We actually still have a few hanging around.

Maureen said...

It's lovely to wake to the trillings of birds. These plump juncos are sweet.

Emily Young said...

I've never seen a "junco" before, but he's just adorable! Hope spring comes soon to you!

Caroline said...

I suppose it's a matter of perception and perspective. Beautiful birds and wonderful wisdom that you share.

Glenda said...

So true . . . and I love your pics. We have a few juncos each year, but I haven't seen one yet.

ELK said...

sweet beings of joy they are ....

Andie said...

May we all 'stoop' today. Great to see you back Susan.
Andie

Louise Gallagher said...

So, Marley the cat is sitting on my desk looking at these photos and he is quite perturbed. I mean really -- they look so real he's convinced he can get at that bird.

So grateful he can't!

Lovely as always Susan. you have an amazing gift.

Duane Scott said...

I love the thought in this one. :)

Mommy Emily said...

this brought tears. i've been learning this lately. stooping is hard...

Jewels said...

Oh wow, great shots and love the quote!

cristie said...

or kneel. xox

Laura said...

Do you know we call them "snow-birds"? These little dark-eyed beauties? When they leave your warm, they come up here and bring our snow. You've captured them beautifully, Susan.

I have been praying for you, my friend. You are on my mind.

spread your wings said...

such a pretty little bird.

Sandra Heska King said...

Mr. Wordsworth. Wise man.

I've been stooping a lot lately.

These sweet things have been here all winter. Beautiful against the white.

So wonderful to have you back.

H. Gillham said...

Wordsworth loved nature --- I remember rolling my eyes at him as a young English major with his gushing and fawning about daffodils, but as I have aged, I've learned better...

I love to look and appreciate now -- I've slowed down to do it --

and birds and their choruses totally bring us Spring.

TYL

Lisa said...

I love your words.
I love your photography.