Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Down to Earth ~

a rock pile
ceases to be a rock pile
 the moment
a single man 
contemplates it
 bearing within him
 the image
of a cathedral
Antoine de Saint-Exupery
 ~ ~ ~
the earth shook
the rocks were split
from
the
Gospel of Matthew



23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Truly inspirational ~ to see 'what could be'!
xo Catherine

Ruth Hiebert said...

I should have read that quote years ago when I was helping Dad pick rocks off the field. Well said.

Anonymous said...

beautiful colours in these

Ginny Hartzler said...

Well, I'll never look at a pile of rocks the same way again.

Kerri Farley said...

~ Wonderful ~

Steve Gravano said...

Creativity is such an overlooked blessing. Beautiful post.

Joan Elizabeth said...

The light on these rocks is lovely ... and the thought a great reminder to believe in the possibilities God can create,

Louise Gallagher said...

You are so beautiful! And I am so grateful to be given the opportunity to see the beauty you see through your eyes and heart photographing the world.

Thank you!

Joyce said...

I love this view of the rocks. xo

Jeanne Frances Klaver said...

I love watching the light move over rocks, seeing the different shapes and textures forming. Rocks are so alive, aren't they?

spread your wings said...

love the rich warm color in these photos. they really aren't just a pile of rocks.

Maureen said...

Wonderful, both photos and words. I'm reminded of what the artist Andy Goldsworthy sees and does with a pile of rock.

Patricia said...

I love opening the gifts you bring me each day. Thank you!

Linda said...

When I look at the pictures, I think of building an altar - stone upon stone.
Magnificent Susan!

Leslie said...

"bearing within him the image of a cathedral."

I like that.

Jennifer Richardson said...

oh WOW!!!!
LOOOOOOOOOOOVE this!!!!!!!
my heart feels like bursting
over this....the stones, the words,
the LIFE in them all.
Now why does this make me cry?
Tears and joy,
Jennifer

Unknown said...

Interesting thoughts and pictures

Anne Lang Bundy said...

Oh, Susan.

*sigh*

Beth said...

Profound. Love the texture in the photos.

Mari said...

I love this!!! The pictures are great and that quote is perfect.

ELK said...

i . feel . this . so deeply!!

Unknown said...

Oh, I love this!
thank you.

Sandra Heska King said...

I just read that quote the other day! Love.