the soul
becomes dyed
with the color
of
its thoughts
its thoughts
Marcus Aurelius
~ ~ ~
Finally, brothers and sisters,
whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right,
whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable
—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—
think about such things
Philippians 4:8


32 comments:
So many pretty colors here today ~ it starts my Friday off perfectly!! :)
Happy Weekend!
xo Catherine
such a good illustration of this truth. now to remember and act on it...
I love the colourful whimsy of the photos jutting up against the black and white truth of the Biblical text.
Lovely!
our coats are many colors. beautiful. xo
so colorful, each its own, so different yet all equally beautiful. A wonderful scripture. My Friday has startd off well by visiting your blog.
For some reason the line "Color Me Beautiful" popped into my head as soon as I saw the images.
Is the object a toy of some kind?
yes. our true colors are ever apparent. xox
beautiful brightness,
both words and images!
-Jennifer
Maureen, it's a little thing my niece's daughter made to attach to her cell phone holder.
It's time for me to say hello to you and tell you thank you for the quiet beauty and truths you share. This was exactly the verse God brought to me yesterday as I was struggling and striving to take "every thought captive" to Him. This morning, I 'happen' to visit you and He reminds me again through you. Thank you.
Miles don't matter when we know Him!
Love your images and thoughts.
Amen! You continue to dazzle with your thoughts and photos. Thanks for this verse, this day :)
Great photos.
You need to teach me how to run a camera. ;)
Lovely Susan... Happy weekend!
I love that verse. But I often forget it until too late! After words are spoken. My mouth! My mouth! Aaack!
Photos are lovely!
What a brilliant way to express that very convicting verse.
You are such a delight Susan.
Stopping by to wish you a lovely weekend. I love your Bible verse and the photo.
at first i thought i had the wrong blog site - those brightly colored children's beads didn't look like a photograph of yours - but alas put it together with words and scripture and yes it's yours - perfectly illustrated truth.
Susan, I'm coming by to say that YOU are a huge blessing: artist, writer, photographer, nature lover, believer -- YOU put color in so many lives!
It's like every colorful bead is a beautiful thought.. the green is true, the orange noble, the yellow pure... all strung together by the Spirit.
good one.
you are a sweet sister friend.
You always use the most interesting perspectives in your photographs. Did you get that camera you've been dreaming of?
One of my favorite verses--and gorgeous photos! You made my day!
What IS that??? I love the colors and shape...this quote is right on, what we think, we become!!!
The verse and image are a strong reminder to dwell on the lovely.
Love the colors and verse!
Marcus Aurelius says the BEST things!!!
Oh, my! That's a powerful truth - and the photo so beautifully illustrates it . . . one thought builds on another.
Excellent post!
Some of my fave verses - and such colorful images!
So bright and cheery; this makes me smile.
I love that quote.
And that scripture. I think of it as frisking our thoughts.
Yes! Amen!
Love the colors. May my meditations be pleasing to the Lord that they may form a beautiful soul within me.
Janis
Post a Comment