Saturday, April 16, 2011

April, What Can You Be Thinking??!! ~

I wonder
if the snow
loves the trees and fields
that
it kisses them so gently
and then it covers them up snug
you know
with a white quilt;
 and perhaps it says 
"Go to sleep, darlings, till the summer comes again."
Lewis Carroll
~ ~ ~ 
it must be summer
we are waiting
for
spring seems to have been
highjacked
~ ~ ~
photo taken the morning
of
April 16




34 comments:

Kerri Farley said...

Beautiful capture! We've been having stormy weather today - but thankfully no snow.
Hopefully it will warm up for you soon!

Carolyn said...

Lovely snow picture. Our weather is beautiful today and I have been planting annuals. Hope you see warm temps soon!
Carolyn

Maureen said...

It's not snowing here, for which I'm grateful, but it is raining hard, there's a tornado watch, and it's cold. I also just heard thunder. We seem to be getting it all today.

Keep warm!

Anonymous said...

Such pretty pictures but SNOW??

We have had heavy rain and strong winds last night and today.

I wish you a good rest of the weekend.

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Oh Dear One, "Mother Nature" is really testing your good will, isn't she? -giggles-

Or perhaps it's the soon-coming Full Moon, which is toying with your good will, too. Full Moons, though beautiful, can be trying, I have found.

Hang in there, Dear!

Gentle hugs,
.♥.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Good grief!! Love the Carroll quote. But you are still luckier than us. Tornados all around today, one touched down ten minutes away. Dire warnings and spottings till nine P.M., and our neighbor N.C. I think might be called a disaster area when all is said and done. The tornado there totally flattened a Lowes, on a busy Saturday with lots of customers.

Anonymous said...

oh I'm sorry Susan, looks like you got more than our dusting, it's already gone. Ugh :P I guess it could be worse...

MadSnapper n Beau said...

i have not heard that quote before, it is beautiful. so is your photo. my friend in WI says it is snowing now and she is sick of it. my niece in PA says it has been rainng for a week straight, ginny is having tornados. so i am thinking you are right about spring being hijacked. but it did come here.

Anonymous said...

snow!

Mari said...

Our Spring is hijacked too. It's snowing right now.
Your picture is very pretty!

IanH said...

Yep, somebody ambushed Spring. Shot it dead.

Ruth Hiebert said...

It looked much the same out of my window today.It is pretty,but I would really like to see new growth instead.

Mrs. E said...

I know what you mean!

Patrinas Pencil said...

yep... gone here too in AR. 80 degrees for a week then back down to 40...Weird. but no more snow - hopefully.

Patrina <")>><

Jennifer Richardson said...

oh wow!
we were greeted with 71 confirmed
tornadoes today in N.C.
..... a day of wild winds!!!
Such odd weather indeed.
-Jennifer

Linda said...

Oh my Susan! I remember the year, when we were living in upstate NY, that it snowed on my son's birthday - May 1st!!

Emily Young said...

Oh WOW. I wish we could send you some of our warm weather!

I like the Lewis Carroll quote!

SimplyDarlene said...

I bet sometime during this hot summer you'll be sneaking a snowball out of the freezer... ;-)

Blessings

Joan Elizabeth said...

Spring is the most annoying of seasons ... we wait for it with eager anticipation and it teases and teases ... shows itself then hides ... driving our patience to distraction then all of a sudden the fierce heat of summer is on us. I find no other season is quite as capricious.

Dawning Inspiration said...

Oh wow...that looks COLD!!!! Hope the sun comes back soon!

rjerdee said...

A hi-jacked spring...now there's a fun expression about this world of wacky weather!

Anonymous said...

Perhaps someone is holding our spring hostage!?!
I shall start collecting the ransom fee immediately!!!
xo Catherine

Jeanne Frances Klaver said...

This is so beautiful! Spring finally arrived here, so I'm sure you'll get it soon.

Rick said...

We lived near Calgary for 15 years and this was a regular occurrence ... in April, May, and early June, and then again in August, September ... The definition of a Canadian spring - "the 15 minutes between winter and summer !" Looks lovely, but would look even lovelier in January or February !

David Rupert said...

"Spring, where are thou" has me really laughing

cristie said...

lewis carroll had such a tender way with words and the photo is so fitting. thank you susan. xox

Beth said...

Wow! Even though the rain has been a driving hazard with the possible flooding, I'd gladly take a week of it to a day of snow. I just put my sweaters and heavy skirts away!
Hope spring shows up soon for you and pushes summer back and chases winter away.

Tracy said...

Lovely photos, Susan... But after a long enough winter, I share you feeling. Snow shouldn't be allowed in April. ;o) ((HUGS))

ELK said...

oh no ...a true lesson on patience ...

rachel awes said...

i know! & i hear more snow's coming!! i am with you in yearning for spring to stay a while! lovely photos..

Sandy K. said...

You have captured the essense of our mood right now. We have gotten teases of spring, but now need the whole enchilada. And I mean "need!"

Lucille said...

I think we've got it and summer too. 25C today. So strange.

Anne Lang Bundy said...

I grew up in Colorado with April (even May) snow. But the Midwest doesn't offer the 300+ inbetween days of sun per year the way Colorado does to be able to get away with this ...

Sandra Heska King said...

Spring, where art thou? Indeed!