Yearning... there are some days where that feeling is so great... oh, yes... Your image lends a playfulness to this theme, Susan. I love how you get us thinking! Great to have you here. :o) ((HUGS))
if I had a dollar for everytime my mother said that quote to me, I would be a rich person. I said it to my kids and still say it when someone says I wish. Yearning i do understand. I yearn for the times when my parents were alive and for the ease of living in a world that had not gone crazy with wants instead of needs.
May the God of peace fill your heart and mind. Isn't it wonderful that He knows and understands all our yearnings? I think His great big God-sized heart has its own yearnings, too!
There are days when knowing that others have been dealt tougher lives doesn't seem to help. Yearning is so much part of being human. We know we have much to be grateful for but somehow... Of all the things I aspire to and pray for, inner peace is the greatest.
Hmmm. I had not thought of that rhyme for a good while either. Somedays, I do feel like the beggar. Those powers, that it seems that people withhold from each other.
34 comments:
yearn. i'm not sure i like the sound of it. sometimes the sound of words influences the meaning for me.
Some days the yearning is stronger than others. I agree.
A wonderful image and old rhyme. I think yearning can be good or bad. Or sad. The sad kind is the most sorrowful, hope your yearning isn't that kind.
wishing you peace in this yearning.
Thinking of you and sending warm thoughts and hugs.
xo Catherine
That is a very pretty picture and thought!
How I have missed you!
What a wonderful image. And that nursery rhyme is new to me. Ah, you do the dance of pictures and words so beautifully.
Blessings.
Yearning... there are some days where that feeling is so great... oh, yes... Your image lends a playfulness to this theme, Susan. I love how you get us thinking! Great to have you here. :o) ((HUGS))
Hmmmn, yearn...a word I haven't thought about much lately. Yet, I yearn a bit every day...
Beautiful!
I yearn for Autumn.
I yearn for more of Him....beautiful words and feeling in this...thank you!
if I had a dollar for everytime my mother said that quote to me, I would be a rich person. I said it to my kids and still say it when someone says I wish. Yearning i do understand. I yearn for the times when my parents were alive and for the ease of living in a world that had not gone crazy with wants instead of needs.
Thank you for causing me to ponder this word..Yearning...what do I yearn for? It tells me alot about what's going on inside of me....
I like that you use the image of the horse to illustrate the idea of yearning.
The word would be a very good one to use for a poetry prompt.
The more alive we are
the more awake we are
to our yearning.
....I believe this
with every molecule
of me:)
-Jennifer
Yes, I yearn. It is such a sweet, wistful feeling...all wrapped up on desire and the knowledge that I have been given so much.
I love the photo, Susan.
BTW, I hope you receive the copy of God in the Yard soon!
May the God of peace fill your heart and mind. Isn't it wonderful that He knows and understands all our yearnings? I think His great big God-sized heart has its own yearnings, too!
Today is one of those days, for me, too. Thanks for putting that yearning into image and word for me.
Looking forward to the day when our yearnings will be fulfilled.
I've missed your daily presence! You are a gift of encouragement and joy in my life. Thank you.
Great to see a post from you again. I've been online sporadically this past month.
And I wish we could go walking side by side ...
I'm sorry that yearning won't happen ... until Heaven.
love it
Some days the yearnings can be so strong. At other times, the Lord can fill those yearnings with new blessings.
You bless my life, Susan.
Janis
if wishes were horses...
we would have many well fed gardens :-)
Oh yes, yearn, is what I do. I think the horse and nursery rhyme are such a unique perspective on the word. Nicely done :)
such a dreamy image.
I sometimes need to be careful that my yearnings don't blind me to what I've been given.
Glad to have you back Susan. Your quotes and photos are thought-provoking!
your honesty makes me whole ..i love the nursery rhyme
Beautiful image...
I yearn - for a lot these days...
Peace to you!
me too. xox
I haven't heard that rhyme in forever. Sometimes the yearning seems like a circular carousel ride.
There are days when knowing that others have been dealt tougher lives doesn't seem to help.
Yearning is so much part of being human. We know we have much to be grateful for but somehow...
Of all the things I aspire to and pray for, inner peace is the greatest.
Hmmm. I had not thought of that rhyme for a good while either. Somedays, I do feel like the beggar. Those powers, that it seems that people withhold from each other.
Thank you for the post.
Gloria
Yes, I am yearning, too. And I know you have much to yearn for, Susan. Praying for peace for you today.
as Paul recognized, in the midst of all we have, yet we yearn for our heavenly home ...
may our Prince of Peace satisfy your yearning today ~
I will take a photo of where I put your card with my small carousel collection. Love it. Thanks so much.
Post a Comment