Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Only A Weed ~


bending
low
to
pull
this errant
weed


I
saw
the stars
the sun and snow


and
tiny arms
which held
untold
much
mystery


of
God's
creative fingers
and
agility




37 comments:

patty said...

beautiful words, beautiful images.

SimplyDarlene said...

Ha. This is grand--especially after my comment about letting weeds bloom!

:-)

Blessings.

Mari said...

Those are really great pictures and as usual you have a great post with it~

Linda said...

You have eyes to see the beauty of creation - and you capture it so well.
Just beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Your 'weed' looks beautiful to me! :)
xo Catherine

Maureen said...

Imagine what might bloom in America's inner cities if everyone were to see with your eyes.

Mommy Emily said...

thank you, for taking me to your garden and pulling deep from me.

Beth said...

I love how you continue to guide my eyes to see from a different perspective.

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

It is refreshing to hear that you take the time to enjoy God's creative powers seen in a weed.Each delicate flower or seed is special,even when we don't want them in our gardens.
Blessings,Ruth

Sandra Heska King said...

Does God make weeds? Tell me you didn't pull it. :)s

Jewels said...

Oh so beautiful!!!

Tea with Tiffany said...

captivating!

Steve Gravano said...

Beautiful discovery in a weed.

Glenda said...

We can find beauty in the most unlikely places . . . thanks to "God's creative fingers . . .

Ginny Hartzler said...

Did you write this? It's beautiful!

S. Etole said...

Yes, Ginny, I did ... thank you.

Appreciate the comments all of you have made. I'm pondering Sandra's question on does God make weeds. Any thoughts?

Glynn said...

It may be only a weed, but in front your camera -- it's beautiful.

Kala said...

A weed to one person, a beautiful creation to another.

Rick said...

Does God make weeds ? Were they created after the fall in Eden ? Would we be weeding had there been no fall ?

A thought-provoking post with lovely images.

Shosannah said...

Yes there is beauty everywhere! You bring out it's colour and soul.
Beautiful reflection. I breathe in deep today.
God Bless

Lucille said...

Very thoughtful and beautifully photographed as always.

Tracy said...

They look beautiful to me, too, Susan... I've often thought of weeds as shabby-chic flowers! :o) Happy Day ((HUGS))

Mary said...

Susan, I am alway met with beauty, both in words and pictures when I visit.

Interesting question about God making weeds.

Have a wonderful day!

Leslie said...

Some weeds are really beautiful. Perhaps the weeds were there in Eden, but they grew like wildflowers in fields, and didn't encroach on the edible plants. Everything would have had its proper order there.

(Do you think there were mosquitoes?)

Unknown said...

just stunning in every way.

MadSnapper n Beau said...

i love weeds and every flower was once a weed. all weeds grow fast and just appear, at one time all flowers did that because we no we did not INVENT them. God created them and people made them not weeds by cultivating them. i like non cultivated best. bring on the weeds and wild flowers. lovely shots

Nancy said...

I am always welcomed to your blog with words and images that are the balm to the soul.....

I love this post....

Brian's Home Blog said...

Purrsonally I like those, weed or not!

ELK said...

i feel like a weed some days...this is a lovely series..and thoughts to go along.

Vicky said...

Wonder in a weed. I like the idea, and will look more closely next time.

dude said...

Only God and (apparently) you, can make a weed seem so beautiful! You take right after your Heavenly Father!

Jennifer Richardson said...

Thanks for showing me the Father's heart in this....how he must see us when we feel a little weedy:)

So thankful we find our value in His eyes!
-Jennifer

rachel awes said...

even the weeds bloom.
love!

Relyn Lawson said...

Oh, you do have the eyes to see.

spread your wings said...

a weed most of us would have passed by or pulled without noticing and you have let us see up close and personal it's every detail - it's ever beauty. thanks

Emily Young said...

I like that you used the word "mystery" here - sometimes there is so much beautiful mystery in God's creation, isn't there?

Your words and photographs are always so uplifting. Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog, and for following me : )

onesilentwinter said...

stunning photos and delicate words