Here in Virginia those trees now have small green leaves thanks to a few 90 degree days and lots of sunshine. I'm looking out of my office window right now watching the leaves swaying from a gentle breeze of a beautiful clear day...Spring feels so special...kind of like the way I feel seeing your new creations:)
These words mix right into my batter just fine. The obscure drives me absolutely insane.
Black or white. Good or bad. Righteous or evil. Honesty or trickery. Kindness or deceit. God or the alternative. Follower of Christ or new age guru poo-poo. Like I said, obscurity is insanity for me...
I commented on this already. Perhaps it got moderated out. I think the photo is lovely and the quote is certainly something to consider as I attempt to write poetry.
The simplicity of the photo is such a contrast to the so-called "wisdom" of the world we live in. The real Truth, which is profound, is not complicated; we just make it seem that way! And the real truth is not obscure; The Giver of Wisdom Himself says: "You shall know the truth and the truth will set you free!" Free as a bird soaring across the sky - or perched on a budding bush!
Yes, we fall into that trap so often, don't we? Or perhaps I should say "I"? The obscure is not always true, but it does make one think.
I love these words in your photo. How on earth do you do that? I'm having fun playing with my new camera, but I fear I will never know these little tricks. So much to learn!
Kass - I'm sorry the first comment didn't go thru the first time ... I've been having some glitches both leaving and receiving comments lately. Thanks for letting me know. I value the comments that people leave ... they are such a gift.
Laura - I apply the words in the photo in a free software program called Picasa. It's a fun program to play with.
30 comments:
Very thought provoking!! Happy Friday!
Oh, that's so true.
Chewing on this one. Maybe forever? :)
pretty.
i see buds on that tree!
sometimes we need a closer look!
Love this photo!!
Wonderful picture. Have a wonderful Friday!
Yes, it's on the way. Spring is slowly seeping in.
Spring is 'faintly' here today ~ we have snow! :(
But your photo and words make me feel better ~ thank you friend! :)
Here in Virginia those trees now have small green leaves thanks to a few 90 degree days and lots of sunshine. I'm looking out of my office window right now watching the leaves swaying from a gentle breeze of a beautiful clear day...Spring feels so special...kind of like the way I feel seeing your new creations:)
These words mix right into my batter just fine. The obscure drives me absolutely insane.
Black or white. Good or bad. Righteous or evil. Honesty or trickery. Kindness or deceit. God or the alternative. Follower of Christ or new age guru poo-poo. Like I said, obscurity is insanity for me...
Blessings.
hmmm, now wouldn't it be nice if i could ask mr. nunn a few questions? love the photo. xox
Great quote. It applies to so many artists' statements I've read.
Yep, that one has me thinking!
Like Katherine -- we have snow here today. Nothing profound about it. It's covering the ground and is very white!
what is obscure is the thought that spring has sprung....
Love the photo and the quote. Thanks!
this one made me put my thinking cap on :)
I commented on this already. Perhaps it got moderated out. I think the photo is lovely and the quote is certainly something to consider as I attempt to write poetry.
Love this thought-provoking post!
The simplicity of the photo is such a contrast to the so-called "wisdom" of the world we live in. The real Truth, which is profound, is not complicated; we just make it seem that way! And the real truth is not obscure; The Giver of Wisdom Himself says: "You shall know the truth and the truth will set you free!" Free as a bird soaring across the sky - or perched on a budding bush!
I like how you made a cloudy day in the picture look so inviting.
Yes, we fall into that trap so often, don't we? Or perhaps I should say "I"? The obscure is not always true, but it does make one think.
I love these words in your photo. How on earth do you do that? I'm having fun playing with my new camera, but I fear I will never know these little tricks. So much to learn!
Kass - I'm sorry the first comment didn't go thru the first time ... I've been having some glitches both leaving and receiving comments lately. Thanks for letting me know. I value the comments that people leave ... they are such a gift.
Laura - I apply the words in the photo in a free software program called Picasa. It's a fun program to play with.
the white and the dark of it..the not seeing but believing..the essence here
Good thought today! I bet you are happy to see the buds.
Very nice, as usual. I'm glad you were able to follow through with your heart-plan.
love the linear photo and the totally appropriate quote...I can always get inspired by stopping here. thanks, and have a great weekend.
Softly, gently, trusting, opening... :o) Happy Weekend, Susan ((HUGS))
you are such a beautiful writer and thinker... this photo is lovely..
this makes me think about Chauncey Gardiner (Chance) in Being There...where his simple-minded view of life was perceived as profound.
'Life is a state of mind.'
oooooooeeeeeee, i like gregory nunn's thinking here, and your PHOTOS everytime i come visit. thank you!
gently, true.
I imagine you soaking up all this spring . So much activity. Just a few hours can bring change.
Ohhhh. Such wise words for someone like me. I do tend to consider everything profound. Drives me crazy sometimes. :)
Post a Comment