Monday, April 5, 2010

Leaning ~

I lean
into
gentleness
 
where
 words fall soft
and
love holds comfort

I lean
 into
 gentleness
 
where
 pain is barren
fear and loneliness
 stranger

I lean
 into
 gentleness
 
where
 time is gift
and
 eyes speak tender



I lean
into
gentleness 

then
I
awaken
  For other posts on "Gentleness"
see the Blog Carnival hosted
by
Bridget Chumbley

34 comments:

Dawning Inspiration said...

Those words are such a gift...

Anonymous said...

a wonderful place to lean
and a beautiful dream

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful! The words cover Gentleness perfectly.

rjerdee said...

Lovely words and a lovely dream...a lovely thing for me first thing this morning! Thank you.

Jeff Jordan said...

"Eyes speak tender." Love that...
Jeff

Tracy said...

I feel so graced my your words here today, Susan... Gentleness the very word embraces one with sweetness... I think you know my great love of roses so this image with your words brings such delight--thank you for this gift. :o) Happy Day ((HUGS))

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!

Glynn said...

And we lean into it because we're not the source of it. Beautiful, Susan.

ELK said...

i really like this Susan...
blessings

Steve Gravano said...

Beautifully written. I could feel the gentleness

cristie said...

the idea of gentleness could use a greater audience. thank you for sharing. xox

Louise Gallagher said...

How beautiful Susan. And I leaned right into your words and landed softly in gentleness.

Beautiful!

Brian's Home Blog said...

You have a gentle way of making my whiskers grin up.

Vicky said...

I went back to re-read your words, aloud the second time. They have such a nice lilt to them and are the epitome of gentleness. Blessings Susan...

Mary said...

awaken to life - real life.

Kass said...

I love your representations of gentleness here. Even a gentle approach to anger is recommended (but so hard to do).

Anonymous said...

A lovely reminder that gentleness attracts.

Glenda said...

Susan, when think of your posts, I think of gentleness . . . maybe gentle strength is a better way to say it!

Marie aka Grams said...

I can only assume this beautifully expressed poem is your own. I wish I could write so eloquently. Thanks for the inspiration.

SimplyDarlene said...

We can lean with no fear of falling--for He holds us up. Beauty. Full.

Blessings.

Duane Scott said...

If only I had your talent. I loved this poem!

Connie said...

Love this! It's so beautiful!

Kevin said...

What a beautiful poem!

Unknown said...

leaning on the everlasting arms ......
lovely

p.s. you're a winner in my "2 4 T" giveaway :)
you can e-mail me at: milepost7@clearwire dot net

Jewels said...

I think you captured well what good dreams feel like.

dude said...

Simply beautiful...

Jay

Joie Moring said...

in our dreams we awaken the capacity of gentleness...i love that about us. thank you for the beautiful reminder.

Unknown said...

Susan, you just know how to gently give.

Maureen said...

I like your repetitive use of "lean into", itself a gentle approach, and in the sense of "quiet" so well-used in each stanza.

I think this would lend itself particularly well to being read aloud.

donna said...

I like gentleness.

"There is nothing stronger in the world than gentleness." Han Suyin

donna

caryjo said...

Personal opinion: Gentleness is one of your main characteristics, mixed in with compassion.

rachel awes said...

i lean beside you, dear one. xo

georgia b. said...

gentleness is one of my favorite words and qualities {or attributes}.

what a wonderful post!

{also loving your new banner!}

Jeanne Frances Klaver said...

Your words...the photo...gentleness.

I was at a workshop in 1989. My contributing words was "gentleness."

This post speaks to my heart.