You have a gift for showing the beauty in simple objects. We use an old key, like the ones pictured, for our front door. Neither one of us wanted to replace the old lock and key with something shiny and new.
I'm barely awake, still sipping my healthy shake, and you have me looking up a Bible verse! Such a powerful one too. You DO make us think! :) Also, I thought the picture of the rose and the accompaning words were stunning.
What a weird coincidence that we both posted about keys today - different kinds, but still KEYS. Your thoughts and images are more inspiring than mine. I'm having a little trouble coming up with a poem a day. I may have to modify my goal.
35 comments:
I do so love the way the old keys were manufactured - they had character.
my kids are what wind me up (not always in a good way), and for sure, they keep me going, more than they'll ever know.
You have a gift for showing the beauty in simple objects. We use an old key, like the ones pictured, for our front door. Neither one of us wanted to replace the old lock and key with something shiny and new.
I'm barely awake, still sipping my healthy shake, and you have me looking up a Bible verse! Such a powerful one too. You DO make us think! :)
Also, I thought the picture of the rose and the accompaning words were stunning.
Beautiful photos and Bible passage. My favorites are the first photo and the last (#7). Like B. Meandering I had to look this verse up.
I love old keys. I wish we still used them.
Each post is such a gift.
A beauty.
Awe.
Blessings.
Susan, you do have a gift and you are a gift. Every morning, I open my inbox to find another beautiful and stirring gift from you.
Thank you!
Louise
LOVE...love is always the key to everything, I feel... :o) Happy Day, Susan ((HUGS))
The sweet spirit of another unlocks my heart...I found one this morning.
Jeff
The sweet soul evident in others does well at unlocking my heart...I found one this morning.
Jeff
I love how you use images and words together. As B. Meandering said, you have a gift.
I love this verse in The Message.
Love the keys on the Word!
Very interesting, my sisters usually wind me up!
Your pairings of images and words are always such a pleasure to see and read.
I like the heft and design of old keys.
oooh, I like this!
Powerful, soul-searching question! How appropriate that your keys rest on the words of Jesus!
What a weird coincidence that we both posted about keys today - different kinds, but still KEYS. Your thoughts and images are more inspiring than mine. I'm having a little trouble coming up with a poem a day. I may have to modify my goal.
Great question to think about Susan. Lovely images too :)
powerful stuff! Food for thought, for sure!
Love this.....simple, yet powerful!
Lovely, simple, effective.
My daughter winds me up - she also has the key that unlocks my heart :)
These photos are wonderful ~ old keys are so interesting ~ wondering what they unlock.
I really love these photos Susan. I'm an antique lover, but certain things are truly magnificent.
my heart is unlocked by many things , and not enough things
what about you?
I meant to say ~ I'm not an antique lover.
but the keys are magnificent. :)
these photos are absolutely gorgeous!
Ahhh, great food for thought... I don't know if I have a complete answer to that? Lovely photos and a great analogy!
I am so happy to be dropping by after my Lenten hiatus -- it's wonderful to see your beautiful photographs and simple but profound words again!
My answer is "The Bible."
Do you remember that song "Let My Love Open the Door to Your Heart"? This post brings it to mind.
so beautiful and inspiring! i am happy to have found your blog :) and can't wait to stop back again!
best wishes to you!
juliette
i do love coming here. i am always inspired or made to think a little deeper.
i love your scriptures being a backdrop to the keys. xox
so artistically captured...questions to ponder
Keys seem so mysterious to me. Now see...number 7. I could write volumes...
Post a Comment